Studying Business enables you to learn about many different aspects of business activity and its role in the wider economy. Business helps you understand how they make key decisions and supports a huge range of careers.
As part of Edexcel’s Extended Certificate we are able to take use both applied and academic methods to develop our skills in the following topics:
- Business environment
- Business resource/finance
- Communication in business
- Recruitment and selection
The new BTEC Extended Certificate takes a practical approach to learning, without missing any of the important theory on the subject. They are reputable and recognised by universities and employers offering degree level apprenticeships.
- Unit 1: Exploring Business (25% of overall grade) – (Internally Assessed – Coursework Unit)
- Unit 2:: Developing a Marketing Campaign (25% of overall grade) (Externally Assessed – Controlled Assessment)
- Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance (33% of overall grade) (Externally Assessed – Examined Unit)
- Unit 8 : Recruitment and Selection Process (17% of overall grade) (Internally Assessed – Coursework Unit)
- Fashion Buyer
- Finance Manager
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Manager
|Subject||Qualification (Level 3)||Required GCSE Grades
(in addition to Sixth Form entry requirements)
|Business Studies||BTEC Level 3||C Business (if taken), 5+ Mathematics and 5+ English Language||Single award (Extended certificate)|
What You Learn
Our Learning Journeys have been created to give you a flavour for the types of topics students study in each year at our school. They show what will be covered throughout the year and during each half-term, but please note there is some flexibility to what is taught when. We hope you find them helpful.