QualificationBTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate
What Do I Need To Study This Course?
Entry requirements is a 5 at GCSE PE or a Merit L2 in BTEC Firsts in Sport and must have an interest in sport.
What Will I Study?
Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry
Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance
How Will I Be Assessed?
4 units of which 3 are mandatory and 2 are external. Mandatory content (83%) and external assessment (67%).
Unit 3 and 7 will be internal coursework assessment and include theory and practical lessons.
A broad basis of study for the sport sector. This qualification is designed to support progression to higher education when taken as part of a programme of study that includes other appropriate BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements for many courses if taken alongside other qualifications as part of a two-year programme of study. It combines well with a large number of subjects and supports entry to higher education courses in a very wide range of disciplines (depending on the subjects taken alongside). For learners who wish to study an aspect of sport in higher education, opportunities include:
- BA (Hons) in Sport Studies and Business, if taken alongside A Levels in Business and Maths
- BSC (Hons) in Sport Psychology, if taken alongside a BTEC National Extended Certificate in Applied Science and A Level in Psychology
- BA (Hons) in Sports Education and Special and Inclusive Education, if taken alongside an A Level in English Language and a BTEC National Extended Certificate in Performing Arts
- BA (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science, if taken alongside a BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science.
Learners should always check the entry requirements for degree programmes with specific higher education providers.
Suggested Reading List
Pearson Learning Services provides a range of engaging resources to support BTEC Nationals, including:
- textbooks in e-book and print formats
- revision guides and revision workbooks in e-book and print formats
- teaching and assessment packs, including e-learning materials via the Active Learn Digital Service.
Teaching and learning resources are also available from a number of other publishers. Details of Pearson’s own resources and of all endorsed resources can be found on Pearson website: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/home.html