The Structure of Horsforth School’s Governing Body
The Governing Body is comprised of Community Governors, Staff Governors and Parent Governors. Governors are appointed to serve a four year term in accordance with an instrument of government agreed by the Governing Body.
The Governing Body meets as a full body a minimum of four times throughout the year. The core functions of the Governing Board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
There are four committees which meet once per term on which a designated number of Governors sit. These are:
- Curriculum Committee
- Pastoral Committee
- Finance & premises Committee
- Strategy & Personnel Committee
The Chair of Governors is Mr Roland Meredith, who can be contacted via school.
If you are interested in becoming a Horsforth School Governor please contact the school.