Horsforth School is a good School. This was confirmed by our most recent inspection in May 2018.
Here are some soundbites to summarise what our last short inspection found:
- Outcomes of pupils have improved since the last inspection
- There is strong capacity in the school’s leadership to achieve the improvements that you (Headteacher) aspire to in order to become an outstanding school
- You and your leaders ensure that the progress of pupils is at the heart of what you and your staff do, daily
- The progress of disadvantaged pupils and pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities has improved rapidly
- When inspectors met with pupils, they reported that they feel safe, know who to go to if they have any concerns and are confident that staff will deal effectively with any problems
- The relationships between staff and pupils are positive
- There is a calm and purposeful atmosphere in the school
- Behaviour in the vast majority of lessons and conduct around the school site are very good
- Since the last inspection, outcomes for pupils have improved, including the progress of the disadvantaged pupils
- Outcomes for students in the sixth form have continued to improve since the last inspection
- The quality of teaching is good and improving
- You have introduced various initiatives to raise aspirations, especially of the disadvantaged pupils, such as mentoring by members of the senior leadership team and external business mentors.